Thursday, September 27, 2007

Microsoft Should Abandon Vista?

"An editorial written by Don Reisinger over at CNet's News.com takes Microsoft to task for the outright failure of Vista. He suggests that Vista may be the downfall of the company as, despite years in development, Vista was delivered to market too early. His suggestion? Support those who are running it, but otherwise ditch Vista and move on. 'Never before have I seen such an abysmal start to an operating system release. For almost a year, people have been adopting Vista and becoming incensed by how poorly it operates. Not only does it cost too much, it requires more to run than XP, there is still poor driver support ... With Mac OS X hot on its tail, Vista is simply not capable of competing at an OS level with some of the best software around. If Microsoft continues down this path, it will be Vista that will bring the software giant to its knees--not Bill Gates' departure.'

Absolute truth !
Daily you will find people asking questions about normal features of vista. Even I got few calls from my friends owning vista machines. One of my friend called me from California. He wanted to uninstall MS Office. I was just laughing on him and was feeling pity about his new laptop. Another incident ! My friend from Symbiosis Pune visited my place last month at IITB. He wanted to access Internet. It took me more than 15-20 mins to configure the net settings for him. I don't know how many abuses bulged out from me while configuring the settings. There are plenty of more bad experiences.... very disappointing indeed !!

No comments: